Disaster Recovery for VDI
Recovery Point’s DaaS offering provides customers with a high-performance virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) resilience solution. This service integrates into Recovery Point’s INcloud, the same platform used to support all other enterprise recovery activities.
DaaS is an attractive solution for customers who want to reduce recovery costs and complexity while maintaining highly available VDI services. Recovery Point’s DaaS customers maintain one or more current “Gold Copy” desktop image(s) in our INcloud. In the event of a test or disaster, the number of desktops can quickly scale to meet total end-user VDI requirements.
Unlike traditional cloud VDI recovery, Recovery Point’s’ VDI resiliency solution combines your applications and desktops on the same high-performance cloud infrastructure, effectively providing zero latency to recovered applications. Our network is pre-provisioned and always available. Desktops can be accessed anywhere, anytime, from any device.
Recovery Point’s DaaS capabilities can be provided as a stand-alone service or as a complement to any of our disaster recovery offerings.
- Reduces complexity of VDI recovery – manage images, not infrastructure
- Self-service or managed command and control of access gateway security
- Provides user role-based access and desktop image provisioning
- Use your own desktop images or leverage RPS’ standard desktop images
- Allows for remote access from anywhere to desktops and applications
- Integrates with each customer’s active directory for authentication continuity
- Supports optional multi-factor authentication
- Eliminates maintenance costs for underlying hardware, software and storage
- Recovery Point provides flash storage for high-performance infrastructure
- Includes unlimited image updates
- Tests alongside normal exercises to validate full end-user functionality
Pre-staged VDI services ready to be activated and scaled:
- VMWare Horizon DaaS
- Service provider appliance
- Resource management appliance
- Tenant appliances
- Unified access gateway appliances
- Public IP, Point-to-Point or MPLS access
- Windows 7
- Windows 10 build 1607 to 1903*
- Windows Server 2008 R2
- Windows Server 2012 R2
- Windows Server 2016
- Windows Server 2019
- Thin/Zero clients
- Mobile clients
- HTML5 cable web browsers