Key Performance Attributes
• RPOs of 5-30 seconds
• RTOs of 30-60 minutes
• Multi-tenant, dedicated and hybrid deployments
• Replication over distance
• No impact to production write I/Os
• Automatic re-sync in the event of a network disruption
DRaaS For IBM Z Mainframe
Recovery Point DRaaS for IBM Z mainframe is a Disaster Recovery as a Service (DRaaS) offering that uses IBM’s Global Mirror replication technology to maintain identical data in both the source and target volumes to provide data protection and disaster recovery for all of your IBM Z workloads. The service replicates the data between two sites, over extended distances, and also forms consistency groups at regular intervals allowing a clean recovery of your applications.
Recovery Point DRaaS for mainframe with Global Mirror provides a scalable, storage based replication solution that provides data integrity and data consistency with minimal performance impact on applications at the primary site. It is implemented using IBM DS8000 series storage systems at both sites and can be augmented with replicated virtual tape backup systems such as the IBM TS7760.
Our flexible managed services options let you select the level of management you need, always supported by 24x7 direct accesses to Recovery Point’s highly credentialed staff. You can even select Managed Application Recovery services and we’ll orchestrate your recoveries completely and hand you back your applications, ready for login. And the best part is – we offer a no-cost proof of concept test so you can try before you buy.
• Encryption in flight (IPSEC) and at rest using (FDE)
• FISMA, SOC2, HIPAA, PCI-DSS, and other compliance requirements supported
• Pre-staged, software defined security provisioning
• Combine with virtual tape for multi-site backups in disparate geographies
• Copy export function allows sets of logical volumes to be written to physical tape providing “air gap” protection
• Enable cache management for volume retention and deletion with advanced policy management
• FlashCopy® feature makes nearly instantaneous Point in Time copies of entire logical volumes
• Simplified consistency group recovery eliminates opportunities for error inherent in tape
• Pre-staged, software defined network provisioning
• FlashCopy® feature allows development and test against non-production environments
• Continuous monitoring and response services
• PMP-led solution onboarding for all customers
• Use any combination of your or our recovery infrastructure
• Colocation services available for hybrid deployments
• 24x7 credentialed support
What is DRaaS for Mainframe?
Download more detailed information.