Who: A Maryland county school system that began as a tape storage client and evolved into a traditional DR client for x86 and IBM Power Systems.
Challenge: The client had thousands of physical servers which became difficult to support, and had variable costs for ingress and egress.
Solution: The client switched to Recovery Point’s Veeam’s Enterprise Manager solution and Recovery Point’s S3 Cloud solution.
- Veeam backup support: 15 minutes (down from previous 8 hours).
- Space savings: For the 200 TB volumes, 500 TB are saved.
- Client can manage all physical agents from one pane of glass.
- Updates happen in matter of hours; incremental backups in minutes.
- Adherence to client’s budget.
“[We] do not prefer variable costs, so when RPS stated the availability of S3 storage at a fixed cost based on storage usage, that was more appealing.” – Maryland County School System.